For the fall 2018 semester ARC+ Cheoff, Levy and Fishman Architects will be leading a group of FIU Architecture students in an exploration of two vital local issues on Miami Beach, workforce housing, and sea level rise adaptation. With the guidance of Professor's Henry Rueda, Juan J. Alayo, and Elite Kedan, students are creating architectural visions for the proposed Collins Park Artist Housing Project. See below for more information from the City of Miami Beach….
Designed by STRANG Architecture and located on an exclusive island in Miami Beach, the sleek Masri Residence features deep overhangs and cantilevered planes that result in a sophisticated “tropical modern” aesthetic. A pool and amenity rich cabana complete this water front oasis.
“Clearly, as in all of South Florida, housing – or rather the lack of affordable housing across the income spectrum – is a major community concern. My job is to leverage what I have to make something better for those looking to live here.”
For over 30 years Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) has worked to strengthen communities in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties by:
- Empowering individuals
- Creating affordable housing opportunities
- Revitalizing neighborhoods in South Florida
- To collaborate with residents and other stakeholders to stabilize neighborhoods and develop sustainable housing.
- We are committed to the following outcomes:
- Residents who are educated consumers in their housing choices.
- Residents who have access to appropriate financial products for buying and maintaining their homes.
- Housing that is environmentally safe, decent, and financially affordable for homeowners.
- Stakeholder and resident driven revitalized neighborhoods where residents, businesses and local government choose to invest their time, money and energy.
Conversation & Cocktails @ the MBUS. Thank you to everyone who came out in support of a more sustainable Miami and our ARC+ Community event.
Visit our co-collaborators below: