Although the schedule of a graduate assistant is quite busy we were able to have a sit down with Sandra Mustieles. She shared her experience learning on site while participating in the Buildgreen program.
- An Interview with Sandra Mustieles - Budding Architect & Graduate Assistant
"Cites have the capability of providing something for everybody only because, and only when they are created by everyone for anyone" Jane Jacobs
Sustainable urbanism is not regarded as a priority for those who make its policies, and subsequently, it's not met with the level of urgency. The conversations held at the kitchen table about the financial and sociological struggle to obtain and maintaining affordable living is drowned out by the decisions made by policymakers…
For over 30 years Neighborhood Housing Services of South Florida (NHSSF) has worked to strengthen communities in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties by:
- Empowering individuals
- Creating affordable housing opportunities
- Revitalizing neighborhoods in South Florida
- To collaborate with residents and other stakeholders to stabilize neighborhoods and develop sustainable housing.
- We are committed to the following outcomes:
- Residents who are educated consumers in their housing choices.
- Residents who have access to appropriate financial products for buying and maintaining their homes.
- Housing that is environmentally safe, decent, and financially affordable for homeowners.
- Stakeholder and resident driven revitalized neighborhoods where residents, businesses and local government choose to invest their time, money and energy.
Conversation & Cocktails @ the MBUS. Thank you to everyone who came out in support of a more sustainable Miami and our ARC+ Community event.
Visit our co-collaborators below:
"As a builder and developer I have the ability to make a small dent in this effort with the products I produce. I have committed to making ALL my new projects LEED certified. But even as a builder with over 30 years of experience, it is still extremely difficult, and more expensive, to build green. There are very few architects, vendors and manufacturers that are committed to being green since it requires much more effort and time investment to make it happen." Marcelo Fernandes - Grove Properties
As part of our ongoing collaboration with FIU CARTA, students and members of AIAS were were joined by Buildworks, BBA Architecture and The Sanberg Nortmann Group of Douglas Elliman on a site visit to the Sofi House. This historic renovation project is now under construction on South Beach.
Ralph Choeff of Choeff Levy Fischman visits with FIU CARTA students at his luxury residential project on Miami Beach. Mr. Choeff shared his passion for mid-century modern architecture and his tropical modern philosophy with students participating in the ARC+ Buildgreen program.
Joey Woodworth, President of Buildworks, Inc., leads FIU CARTA students on a site visit to the Venetian Causeway on Miami Beach.
As part of the ARC+ Buildgreen program, Grove Properties is hosting a series site visits to the 4045 Bonita project for a discussion about the LEED process and the design challenges taking place:
Joey Woodworth, President of Buildworks, Inc., leads FIU CARTA (FIU College of Architecture & The Arts-link) student site visit to the Venetian Causeway on Miami Beach. The discussion covered planning and zoning issues, design changes, site plan review and the need for open lines of communication between the owner, builder, and architect.